CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Logan


Logan is a wonderful kid. He has a problem with listening and following directions(which drives me crazy)but he will grow out of that hopefully. Logan's most endearing quality is he has such a loving spirit. He is a wonderful big brother and cares very much for them. Here is one way that it showed itself yesterday. Since it was Lucas' birthday I stopped by Taco Casa(which is my kids favorite) and got lunch and went and ate with him at school. I also took brownies to his class for after lunch. So when they were done I decided to take Lucas home with me. He had a substitute and she actually said to me do you want to take him home we aren't doing anything for the rest of the day. Walnut Creek that is another blog for another time. I got Logan Taco Casa also and ran it to his class room and told him I would be taking Lucas home with me.(remember what I said about Logan's listening problem) So we came home and hung out for a little while and when I was going to pick Logan up my phone rang and it was a number I did not recognize and here is how the conversation went.
A muffled voice said
"Can I speak to Allison Phillips?"
"This is she"
"This is Logan mom"
"Logan where are you?" a little paniced because he sounded weird
"Mom did you pick up Lucas?"
"Yes Logan WHERE ARE YOU"
I just here him stuck a staggered breath in and then all I hear is sobbing I am almost to the school and am now speeding through the school zone. Thankfully there were no police set up because I would not have stopped.
I say to him again
"WHERE are you?"
by now he can not even talk and I am about to the full panic point.
I am saying to him "Is there an adult around you?" and he is just sobbing into the phone.
I say "If there is an adult near you give them the phone now"
I hear an adults voice and I ask
Where is my son?" and they say
"At school."
Okay panic going down. He had used a line that does not come on the caller id as Walnut Creek. She asks,"should I send him to parent pick up?" I was like "UH yes and can you please tell me what is wrong with my son?"
She says,"he would not tell us he was to upset and kept saying I need to talk to my mother."
I said,"okay I will call and let you know what's up." I was pulling up to the school at that point. Logan got in the car looking pretty ragged and I ask him "What in the world was going on?" and he said,"I thought someone had kidnapped Lucas because I could not find him anywhere!" And started crying again. I just look at him and he was so overwhelmed with emotion hugging Lucas and telling him how much he loved him I could not even say to him see this is what happens when you don't listen to me. At the end of all this Lucas looks at Logan and says,"You are a great brother and I know how much you love me." To say the least I had to pull over on the side of the road because I could no longer see it through my tears. What a blessing to have such wonderful children, boys for that matter, who can show and tell each other how they feel. My cup runneth over.